Monday, January 11, 2010

What will tomorrow bring?

Well, Mommy and Daddy are taking a night at home to be with Taag and Ripley. They also get to hang with Grammy and Peepaw. I did notice that Mommy and Daddy were slow to leave. Do you blame them, I am so cute I don't know how they did it!

Today was an exciting day. I had a lot of doctors around talking about some things that I really did not understand. They did take me off of my current medication of prostablahblah (Doctor talk, you know how it is) and that was to get my body to what is was supposed to be if I was born with a normal heart. Something about closing a PDA vein between the aorta and pulmonary artery. This was open due to my low Oxygen Saturation levels to my organs. The Doctors kept it open to help increase my Oxygen Saturation so I can stay "stable". Once the Prostablahblah is out of my body this tube should naturally close up and then we'll see how my body reacts. It was quite interesting and I am sure that Mommy and Daddy got some more details. I expect they will share it with me eventually. I got to take a ride to the Kath Lab so the Doctors can make my belly string a bit more effective. It went very well and I am glad it did. I am able to get some lipids now so I am not just on the salty sugar water. One day I will be able to eat real food and I am excited to see what it feels like to have something in my stomach.

After all of that fun this morning Mommy and Daddy came in to hang out with me. I found out that before they came to see me, keep in mind they were just down the hall from me last night, that they had coffee with the Divemaster Man. They told me about him, he is a really cool guy. He apparently lives really close and is a student at Emory. I really appreciate that he took time to come and see Mommy and Daddy. They really like the Divemaster Man.

Today Mommy and Daddy got to talk to Dr.P again. She is a really nice Doctor that is taking care of me. Actually, ALL of the Doctors and Nurses are wonderful with me. They are even fun to be around :) Daddy asked Dr.P about my skin. Apparently he noticed that he can see more of my veins on my body. Dr.P told him that it was normal and once I get some types of food and stuff in me I'll fatten up and you won't be able to see my insides as much. Dr.P commented that not much gets by Daddy. After Daddy's talk with Dr.P he got to see moving pictures of my heart. He told me that my right atrium was still enlarged due to the goofy valve between my right atrium and right ventricle (which is what Mr. Enstein found to be his malformation). While this was going on Daddy spotted Pastor Lynn from Oxford College. Pastor Lynn came by to say hello and pray with me and Daddy. Mommy did get to meet Pastor Lynn and see more pictures of my heart. She was not able to be there at first due to her making food for me. She is doing quite well and I am really anxious to get some of that grub! I want to thank Pastor Lynn for his support as well as the support from Daddy's work.

Mommy and Daddy had to leave the See-I-See-You for a bit which was good. They need to take time to eat. When they came back I was really happy. They even found Pastor Gary to come see me. Pastor Gary must really like me, this was his second time to come in. I can tell that Mommy and Daddy really appreciate all the pastors and friends that come in to see, pray and support them. I have personally seen Mommy and Daddy cry just because of all of these friends all over the country, even some in other countries. I am really excited to meet all of these friends and family that they tell me about. Unfortunately I can't see them just yet. The See-I-See-You apparently has a force shield that keeps out anyone but parents, grandparents and Chaplin's.

I met some new people who work at the hospital today. Chaplin DA came into pray for me and he even sang a beautiful song for me. I got so excited I had to dance as he sang praises to God. It was really neat to see and hear him with Mommy and Daddy.

It was fun to see Mommy and Daddy today. I opened my eyes to see them as they talked to me for hours. Daddy even took my challenge from yesterday and he changed two...yes, that's right, TWO diapers today. Mommy was sitting in the big chair caressing me the way I liked it. I even told her so many times. While Mommy was preparing my food (to be frozen for later of course) Daddy took the big chair. He rubs my arms, back, belly and head just as good as Mommy. I'll tell you a little secret...Daddy was humming to me. I can tell it was a little hard for him at first but he got better as the time went on. After a long day it was time for me to get some rest. I have some stuff to do tonight in preparation for tomorrows tests and observations. Apparently I am getting a blood transfusion tonight to get some more red blood cells. Good for the Oxygen transfer I guess. I wanted Mommy and Daddy to get home and rest too.

Hopefully the Doctors will have more to tell me each day and I will keep you posted as the adventure continues. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. What good news Carlee!! Hopefully, your heart will be strong enough to open up that silly valve and will beat strong by itself. We all love you and can't wait for you to be able to come home. You have the best parents ever and as your mommy and daddy know, have a lot of people praying for you and them and for your speedy recovery.
    You are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for keeping us posted, and keeping your parents and grandparents in line :-) All our love, prayers and healing thoughts are with you now. We just know there will good news tomorrow!! C & C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carlee
    Wow, I can see you are going to grow up to be a great writer. Marty and I really enjoy reading about all of your adventures. They must be scary but you are so brave and I can see you don't worry because you have Jesus watching over you. Do you get your writing ability from Mommy or Daddy? We can't wait to hear about your next adventure and of course we are also praying for you to grow healthier each day. Say Hi to mommy and daddy for us. By the way your PeePaw and I are the best of friends. I don't know what I would do without him. I know you are going to have a lot of fun with him as you grow up. Tell him I am praying for him too....

    love from Larry and Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carlee, First of all, welcome to this crazy world!! You sure are starting your adventure of life with a big bang. I know you can be strong and pass all of your tests with flying colors. You sure have lots of prayers coming from Indiana. For being so young, you sure know a lot of people already. I'm sure little one, that it gets scary for you with all of the big medical machines, and needles and Doctors using lots of big words. You are in good hands and most of all, you have God watching over you. He watches over all of us, and may I say he does a wonderful job. God bless you Jane

    ReplyDelete