Thursday, January 14, 2010

So Many People...

Yeah, I'm a little later than usual today. Mommy and Daddy decided to hang around for some of the evening today. I think it was because it is usually the evenings when I get an "episode" of my Oxygen Saturation dropping. Gee Mom and Dad, it was only once or twice in four days. Unfortunately it was true (key word is WAS) my O2 stats went down a little last night. Daddy found out when he called for his evening tuck in. Nurse S (she told Mommy and Daddy this evening that she "loved me" and said I was "perfect"...do you blame her?) told Daddy that they put me on 100% Oxygen at 4 liters. By the time they got here this afternoon I was on 40% O2 at 3 liters and I am supposed to continue down over the next day or so to my normal numbers. We'll find out more on that tomorrow.

It was a fairly busy day today. Of course Mommy and Daddy were here but I got a visit from Pastor Scott and Pastor Greg today. They prayed with Mommy, Daddy and me. It was fun because Pastor Greg seemed to be a little afraid to touch me until Daddy started to poke fun at him. Pastor Greg was neat to have around, he just had a little baby recently so his emotions were quite high when he came to see me today. I think he was about to cry but you know how men can be...all tough and macho. Pastor Greg and Pastor Scott did have many encouraging words for Mommy and Daddy and I am very thankful for these pastors! (And yes, Pastor Gary and Pastor Chis are included in that statement too)

Mommy got to hold me for a long time today. It was only fair since Daddy got to hold me for a long time yesterday. This also gave Daddy an opportunity to slip away for a few moments to meet with one of his students, PRCruz. PRCruz want's to be a doctor and was up on the things that Daddy was telling him. Daddy said it was a really nice visit. PRCruz brought me a gift and it was beautiful. A Pooh blanket, pillow and holding box. Mommy said that it will match my room at home perfectly. I wanted to meet PRCruz, we have a special bond so I am excited to meet him soon. I also want to thank PRCruz for bringing the wonderful card and balloon from the Social Circle Swim Team. Daddy has been working with the team every so often and they send me a beautiful card with messages in it for me and Daddy as well as a really cool shiny balloon. Believe it or not, those weren't the only gifts, Daddy has been apparently working with the Covington YMCA too and we got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from them. I am unable to see the flowers now since the See-I-See-You doesn't allow them but Daddy told me that they are in my room at home filling it with it's lovely aroma. I can't wait!!!

Mommy and Daddy left for the shift change to grab some food but returned so Daddy could hold me for a while. Nurse S filled Mommy and Daddy in on some information and had lots of compliments of my cuteness. So, the rumor is I may be in the See-I-See-You for a few more days. Again, this is a rumor but Mommy, Daddy and I are really excited. I saw that look on Daddy's face that told me that he will hunt down a Doctor tomorrow to get the full story. Keep those fingers crossed and prayers coming.

I wanted to toss a shout out to Auntie Andrea for her 25th Birthday today. (Hey I am not even a week old, I don't know how to count)

2 comments:

  1. Isaac and I said a prayer for you this morning Carlee! We will continue to and hope we get to meet you soon!

    Jeanie and Isaac Lockett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlee,
    you are so cute. I pray that you get better soon. and that I can meet you soon.
    Love, Grace Jacobs

    ReplyDelete