Sunday, January 10, 2010

In the beginning

Well, it all started at 12:50am on January 8th. After thirty minutes of pushing mom has evacuated me from my warm underwater home. Although I was a little bummed I realized that mom and dad were there waiting for me and that was really exciting. Sure I did not get to see them that often at first but we got a good quick family picture then the crazy people in blue whisked away to some college or something. They called it NICK - U. I was like...hang on a sec, only ten minutes of true air time and I am off to college? Wow, dad is gonna be bummed that I'll be able to retire sooner than him.

I then realize that this was not really a university. The doctor, I named him Derp, said something was wrong with my heart. They ended up calling another doctor that was to see me later in the morning. Then Derp went to talk to mom and dad. I am guessing he told them the news because a little after that daddy came in to see me. It was hard to see him through all the tubes and wires, but I knew he was there...I recognized his beautiful voice. I will admit, I am glad that was his voice instead of the loud barking voice...that one was scarry every so often but I am excited to meed Taag and Ripley soon. Daddy told me that I'm going to be just fine. I am a Gonzales and we don't take challenges lightly. He did stay for a little bit but then had to go. He seemed a little sad.

A little later daddy returned with mommy. They could not stay too long due to some tests and pictures that were going to be done on me. The nice lady in green asked mommy and daddy not to touch me so I don't get too excited. That was okay because when they came back after the new doctor checked me out, I called that one Bronco, they were able to touch me and talk and I even opened my eyes to see them. Said something about being an Elf-Lord, not sure what he ment but I'll ask him later.

I wish I could hang with mommy and daddy a little more but Bronco said something about Mr. Ebsteins Malformation, I feel bad for the guy, and that I had to be taken to a different hospital. I was like...cool, not even 15 hours old and I get to ride in a special ambulance. Life is going to be a real adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carlee! Wow, you sure like keeping your Mum and Dad on their toes don't you? We are so glad you are here and can't wait to meet you. We know that if you are a Gonzales you will be a fighter (aka stubborn, lol) so we know you'll be home with your furry siblings really soon. Until then lots of healing hugs and prayers coming you way.

    Love Auntie Jazz, Uncle Slim, Ana and Briscoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world Carlee! This is your neighbor Lesley Carter. I was so excited to hear about your arrival but bummed that it has not been as joyous for you and your family, as I hoped. I know things are overwhelming for you and mommy and daddy right now. My son, he's a whopping 2 now, had to spend a week in that Nick-U place. Maybe you two can exchange stories sometime. Once you get to go home with mommy and daddy, it will all have been worth it because you will be healthy. Mommy and Daddy better be prepared though, because you are going to get soooo pampered in the Nick-U that they are going to have to live up to those standards when they bring you home. I am sending lots of prayers to you Carlee via God's angels so you hang tough young lady; Your a girl, you have a reputation to uphold!!! Tell Mommy and Daddy I said hello, congratulations, and if they need help with your furry siblings to just holler across the street at us. Take care. God Bless!

    Lots of Love,
    Lesley Carter

    ReplyDelete