Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Stump Of Life


Just after I finished up yesterdays blog I totally forgot to mention a huge event. You know what they say, "Out of sight, out of mind". The stump that had my belly line in it while I was in the See-I-See-You has fallen off. I now have what they call a "Belly Button". I am not sure why they call it that, people push it and nothing happens. Well, sometimes something happens but I can push air out of my butt without people pushing the button.

So, some exciting things happened yesterday. I finished off two full bottles on my own. Mommy and Daddy were hoping for just one but I decided to finish one in the afternoon with Daddy and then to one up them, I drank another full one for Mommy for dinner. This was an exciting time since they did not have to use the machine to feed me. I am working on more, so far I was 2 for 8 yesterday. We'll see what I do for today (so far 0 for 3 on the full bottle thing). I need to be a consistent 8 for 8 before I can officially get this nose string out of my face. Keep those prayers coming for this task. It has been proven to be more troublesome than first expected. The second exciting thing is I got my first bath at home. Mommy, Auntie A and Grammy worked the system a bit. They did a good job, my hair is nice and silky fresh. I do look forward to some more, I just hope it goes a little faster :)

Auntie A did make it safely from IND to ATL. She held me and loved me a lot. I want to thank SJBD and Uncle B to let her come down and visit for a few days. I won't get to come up and see the family for a few months so this is a special trip for her and me. I know it is hard for SJBD, especially BD, but I really appreciate you letting Auntie A come down. I will make it up to you when I come and visit. I am really excited to see all of your animals!

After I got to sleep last night all was good. This morning for second breakfast Peepaw held me as the machine fed me. He has not done that very much (Grammy has taken a majority of my time) but he'll get his time in here and there. I am looking forward to tummy time. Sure, it is only a few minutes a day, but at my age minutes seem like hours! I'll let you know tomorrow if and how it goes.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment