Monday, January 25, 2010

Not Holding A Time Bomb

Okay, tell me that you feel that Minnesota had a fair game called and I'll tell you that my heart is normal. At least the Colts are heading to Florida. Speaking of football and Florida...what rocket scientist decided to put the Pro-Bowl the week before the Superbowl? Any Colt or Saint will not play due to the risk of injury. Real intelligent folks.

Enough about football, I don't want to get to wound up. Had a nice night last night with Grammy, Peepaw, Grandma, Grandpa, Mommy and Daddy. Good food and social activities. It was a little stormy but nothing too scary down here. Mommy and Daddy stayed up late with me last night. I was sleeping here and there but I do like to wake up around 1:00am to fuss a bit. All was good because Mommy and Daddy seem to be teaming up on me now. That with their shift techniques of feedings they seem to be getting my schedule down.

This morning was a little slower than usual. It was nice for Mommy and Daddy to have Grammy hold me so they can get ready for the day. Daddy fell asleep as Mommy got ready to meet another one of my doctors. She then had to wake Daddy so he could get ready. When they were finally ready they put me in my life pod and we were off to meet Dr. J. All was good but they did forget my nook. They took a chance and did not turn around to get it. Yeah...that won't happen ever again. While at the doctors office they did give me my lunch and over an hour time (which usually is my common feeding time) I ate all 50 cc's of my food. Yes, that was a WHOLE bottle! True that is really exciting, but keep in mind that this was the first time. I'm still working on those eating habits and skills. What today's lunch bottle was an extreme encouragement and something to continue to work towards.

So my doctors visit was good. Dr. J was quite cool. They took some more pictures of my heart and as it looks not much has changed. I still have some ventricular regurgitation, which is where the blood goes back into my right atrium which is not where it is supposed to go. My right atrium is still large but he called it moderate. He told Mommy and Daddy that, "You are not holding a time bomb." Which is really encouraging. All is very good for one with Mr. Ebstine's problem. I am to continue what I am doing, get the food down to get the tube out of my nose. Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this good news. We will continue to pray for Carlee & her heart issues ... that they will resolve themselves in time ... and that she will continue to eat well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlee, we are glad that you are getting all settled in at home. Glad the doctor's reports were good for you too. Nothing like being told you're not a time bomb, huh?! As for mom and dad not remembering your nook, well, good for you if you gave them grief, but give them another chance; they're new at this too. Do tell mom and dad, however, that nooks need be stashed EVERYWHERE: car, truck, diaper bag, mom's purse, every room of the house, anywhere. Same goes for extra diapers, wipes, clothes. They've probably been given all this good info from all their friends, but everybody has to live and learn. Looking forward to meeting you face to face Carlee when you're more settled. We're keeping you in our thoughts and prayers! Take care.

    Your Neighbors,
    The Carters

    ReplyDelete