Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stable

I know, I know...all of these posts are the same day. Well, with mommy and daddy here with me all the time I can't get away to my computer as often as I would like.

It was very exciting this morning. The doctors came to see me this morning and they wanted to put in something called a heart cath. I was not sure what that meant but I was excited about the prospect of progress. Little did I know that they would have to put something in my arm to pull it out again. Apparently my veins collapsed as they tried to put this thing in me. So like anyone on a mission, they tried again in the other arm. Unfortunately that did not work either. I'll have a memory of this for a little while with those little bruises on my arms, but it was worth it. The idea is progress and I'll do what it takes for me to get out of the See-I-See-You. Other than that is was a great day. I got visits from Pastor Scott and his wife as well as Pastor Gary. Mommy and daddy came and I heard that my Rucker family came to visit. Apparently Peepaw was on a mission today because he and Grammy were able to visit me before the evening rounds too. It took me a moment to identify Grammy with the spooky mask on her face, she is silly, but once these two were by me I knew it was them, not just because of the crying but because of the warmth of love that arose from them. I am the first granddaughter for them. Auntie Andrea has four boys so I know that I'm gonna get spoiled from Grammy and Peepaw as well as Auntie Andrea :) Once Grammy and Peepaw left daddy came in to let me know that they will be downstairs and back once the shift change is over.

I got to meet Nurse P today. She was really cool. Grammy and Peepaw came back in once the shift change was over and hung with me for a while. Then it was mommy and daddy's turn. Since only two people can see me at any given time it was neat to see daddy talking to Grammy. I heard Grammy say that Daddy did good. Then mommy came to visit with daddy. We talked a bit, it is funny, anytime a beep goes off daddy jumps and gets stressed. Nurse P continued to reassure him and mommy, with her experience with hospital visits seems to just chill. It looks like she gets a kick out of daddy being stressed sometimes. Nurse P told mommy and daddy that, if it was okay with them, that she would let them hold me. I got so excited. I have never been held by mommy and daddy yet. It has been almost 48 hours and all they did was pet and pat me. Daddy said that it was like having another Taag or Ripley at one point. So the time came. Nurse P took me out of my cool Star Trek Biobed (yes, I watched it in the underwater apartment with mommy and daddy so I know of the Star Trek world) and placed me in mommy's arms. It was an amazing moment. I love my mommy, she is so warm and cuddly and has such a pretty voice. I can't wait to have her sing to me. Daddy hovered like a protective eagle of his nest as we got some pictures. Nurse P made me a pretty butterfly bow and put it in my hair. She said that accessorising is essential. It was really cool, my bow even matched my bed. After some time mommy and daddy got to switch spots. He too was warm but not so cuddly...mommy said it was because of his strong muscles, I said whatever :) It was nice to hear mommy and daddy's voices as well as have them hold me. I really liked that. I look forward to the next time we get to do that. Mommy and daddy were very tired and I know they wanted to return for Sunday through Monday so I told them it was okay to head home. As daddy got up from the chair with me he got to give me a nice big soft kiss on my forehead. He is such a good daddy. Mommy was able to give me a kiss too before she left. I know it was hard for them to leave but I know that with Nurse P watching me this evening that all would be fine. I am looking forward to seeing mommy and daddy again and I do hope that Grandma and Grandpa will be able to visit soon. I understand that they were watching my sisters, Taag and Ripley, which is a very important job, the past few days. Now that Grammy and Peepaw are here I know that Grandma and Grandpa will be visiting shortly.

1 comment:

  1. I wish Auntie Tracy could visit you too! You need to get out of the CICU as fast as you can so I can see you. You're just absolutely precious!!

    ReplyDelete