Thursday, January 21, 2010

Home Is Where The Ebstine's Malformation Is

I know, I know and I am very sorry. I went way over my 24 hour posting this time. Trust me it is with very good reason. But before I get to it I want to express a Very Happy Birthday to Grammy! It was a few years ago that she was born, almost on the same day as me. Okay, a week or so after but close enough and she is my Grammy so it is very special either way.

So...Wednesday evening through Thursday morning was a little rough. I was not holding my food in my tummy very well. I spit up several times (I promised Uncle The Tim that I would avoid my poop stories unless they were of special events so we'll talk about the next best function...spit up) which is apparently common for those my age, but when we get into the times and amounts that I was going for it raised a little concern. The nurses and doctors finally caught up to Mommy and Daddy's thoughts on not putting 65 cc's of Mommy's Mixture in me every three hours, which actually comes out to every two once I actually finish my food (which takes about a hour). So, now I am supposed to eat 50 cc's of fortified Mommy's Mixture. I usually get down around 8 to 20 cc's from my bottle then we have to put the rest in my nose-string. Did I mention that Daddy put my new nose-string in. Yep, he pulled the old one out and put the new one in. It was a horrific experience, so I am working hard to get all of my feedings by bottle so I don't have to experience Daddy putting the string back. My exercises consist of a few minutes to eventually hours of Nooking (Daddy sometimes calls it Binking also) and every three hours I get to practice on the almost real thing, the bottle. Hard work and practice will get me to my goal, if you want to help prayer is always a great helper too.

So as Wednesday went by I did not spit up as much. We do have a feeling that this may be due to the lower amount that is put into my tummy. I get one every here and there but all is good. Mommy and Daddy were visited by Miss K the Social Worker as well as some others. I got to see both of my Doctors in the morning. Apparently I will be meeting more over the next few days as I get to try out a new Cardiac Doctor and Dr. N for my common things. After all of the visits, which also included a Speech Therapist for helping Mommy and Daddy in my feedings, I noticed that Daddy kept getting white feathers from a lot of people. As it turns out they where what they called discharge papers. I was like, "so that is what paper is." The next thing I knew Daddy was all over the room putting things in bags, boxes and taking them out of the room. Mommy hung around with me, she was napping on the couch. She has had a long few days. Oh, don't get me wrong, Daddy has done a bunch of stuff too but he seemed to get some energy boost. He must have had his bottle that day. The first time Daddy returned he brought in a cool looking life pod. It was way too small for Mommy so I was hoping that it would be for me...IT WAS!!! As Daddy left for a second trip with a bunch of stuff Mommy and Nurse J & Nurse M started working with me on my life pod. They strapped me in and clipped all the clips. I tell you what, I felt like I was a test pilot or race car driver they had me clipped in so well. When Daddy returned we were off. I said bye to all the nurses and doctors as I went down the hall with Mommy and Daddy. I was actually going home!

I had my eyes open for almost the whole trip home. I was working out on my nook like there was no tomorrow. I knew there was but your first car trip is quite exciting and a little stressful and Daddy always said that exercise helps relieve stress. Mommy sat next to me the whole ride home. We did have to make a little stop for some of my medicine but after a few moments we were off and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment