Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stepping Down

Well life is good, 36 hours without a heart spike (which I heard everyone call them SVT) and now I get promoted to the Step Down Unit. Mommy and Daddy were here to move with me from the See-Eye-See-You to the Step Down. It is fun cruising in my crib down the halls. I had the machine announce my arrival with a long solid beep which made every nurse in the unit quickly look up in my direction. I learned that if I move my feet and hands in a specific way I can set off many of the beeps and loud noises. I will admit, I am going to miss all the great nurses that took care of me in the See-Eye-See-You. I do plan on coming back to say hello as a little girl not as a patient. I will have to come in as a patient eventually when the time comes to fix my heart but I am not planning on that any time soon.

I get a whole new nursing staff and set of doctors here in the Step Down Unit. All are really nice. A bunch of nurses, techs and doctors came in just because they heard of this adorable baby that was their new patient. I am being serious! They said it themselves in the room. I promised Daddy that I would not let my beauty get to my head and be a normal little girl. I did prove this to him earlier by giving a nice loud pppppbbbhhhtttt from my backside today. He smiled and said, "That's my girl!" Daddy has been a champ with my diaper changes. He has done more poopie ones than Mommy has now. I think Mommy takes those times to go make my Mommy's Mixture to force Daddy to change the diapers. Daddy doesn't mind though, he had Mommy sit back and relax a few times instead of changing my diapers. He does need practice.

Wow, so much excitement today I have took a lot of time to sleep. This was good so Mommy and Daddy can get settled in to the room and talk to the nurses and doctors. It is exciting because Mommy and Daddy don't have to leave me now. I noticed they brought a bag of stuff so they can stay by my side over the next few days in preparation to take me home. Now here is some info that our local supporters are really interested in...Yes, I am in the area were we are able to have visitors other than just parents and grandparents. We are not sure how long we are staying here but currently the number was 72 hours. This can of course change at anytime during our stay here. Visiting hours are between 8:30am and 8:30pm. They do like to limit the visitors to two (2) per visit and the doctors, nurses, techs and parents reserve the right to dismiss anyone at anytime of the visit. Please contact Mommy or Daddy before you come to visit. It is a long drive to the hospital and we want to make sure that the drive is worth your time. Daddy said that food can help your visiting chances. We do want visitors, just make sure you are healthy and have no symptoms of any kind, this is a hospital rule as well as a Carlee rule. I bet you would feel really guilty if you got me sick so let's avoid it for my health and your sanity. Please do not bring in flowers, they are not allowed in this area for health reasons. And finally, please understand that I want to meet all of you, but I'm going to be around for a while so we'll meet soon.

Looking forward to progress!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your move to the Step Down unit sweet girl!!! As a pediatric nurse, I'd like to place a reminder for any and all of your visitors to please remember to wash their hands when they come into your room. Its way too important since its been a very bad flu season, and we want to keep you out of the see-I-see you. ;-) Keep growing precious one!!!

    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You are going to have to keep your mommy and daddy on their toes with all those poopies though...I wouldn't want them to get bored sitting in the hospital all day. Toots are good too; they'll bring some laughter to the room. Tell your mommy that the coffee shop downstairs isn't Starbucks, but it is a nice little walk with a coffee treat at the end of it. Also, tell your mommy that now is the time for you to start catching up on some Disney movies which you can also rent from the library downstairs. Looking forward to seeing pictures of you in your own bed at home soon!

    ReplyDelete