Friday, January 15, 2010

A Little Too Excited

Well the weekend is here and just like last weekend it is all about the observation. Early this morning I decided to give the Doctors a run for their money and spiked my heart rate for a few moments to see how they handle it. They did a fine job. This is actually common in infants who have Mr. Ebstein's thingy so nothing really too exciting about it (except for the actual heart rate thing).

It was a really good day for me. I was hoping to show Nurse S this morning that I can poop but it did not come out until Nurse L took over. I'll tell you my first real poop was a true Gonzales POOP! Filled my diaper all the way up my back. Nurse L had to clean me, my blankets and sheets. Daddy was really proud when he heard this. I even got to do a second poop and Mommy changed me. Little did she know that I saved some for her as she was changing...hee hee. After that I ate some and as Daddy was burping me I decided to try to freak him out by spiking my heart rate again. It did not phase him, he looked at the monitors and put me back down on the bed then gently soothed me by talking to me in his sweet voice as he gently stroked my chest and belly. Just like the time before I got my heart rate back down with little effort and Mommy and Daddy got to talk and interact with me before I went back to sleep. I actually slept a lot today. I did wake up to listen to Grandma and Grandpa sing to me today. Daddy tried to get Grandma to feed me but she decided to let Nurse L do the honor. No worries Grandma, your time is coming soon.

For those of you who are following my medical plans, my PDA is closed. They took an echocardiogram of my heart this morning and found that it has closed up as it should. Now we are back to the waiting game. No step-down rooms for me just yet. My time is coming though!

2 comments:

  1. Carlee, for such a little one you sure are having a grand adventure! It sounds as though you really are keeping your mommy and daddy on their toes! That is just as any baby should. Later, it will be your parents turn when you bring home a date for the first time! I knew your daddy when he was your age. As a little boy, he liked to suck his thumb and twirl hair around his finger. Mom and dad will have to look for this Gonzales trait in you! I hope you keep updating your blog because we check everyday to learn more about you! We are praying for you and your family! Much love from the Andersens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carlee
    What's ya up to? I am so glad that your PDA got all closed up. Man, it's a bummer when that doesn't happen isn't it? You know, this waiting game you are playing is really good for your parents. heehee It keeps them going, no need to settle into a boring routine with you around. You just keep sleeping, because that is what is making you better. Hey besides all that, you have to get your sleep stock all stored up so that when you get home (real soon) you will be able to stay awake all night at let Mommy and Daddy know that really love them and that you want to spend ALL your time with them. Take care of Mom and Dad, because they are pretty cool people.

    ReplyDelete