Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Home Experience

As Daddy carried me in my life pod through the door I was greeted by my sisters, Taag and Ripley, as well as Grandma and Grandpa. Taag and Ripley were quite excited to see Mommy and Daddy. They sniffed and nudged them. Not to long after that they noticed my life pod in Daddy's hand. Taag was able to see me much better than Ripley since she is much taller. I got to see a large black snout and feel her sniffing my feet. It was a cool meeting. Daddy got Taag and Ripley outside after I greeted them so he and Mommy can get me out of the life pod. Mommy got me nice and relaxed as she and Grandma talked. Daddy unloaded the car and started putting things away. Once Daddy got my Mommy's Mixture Machine up and running Mommy fed me for the first time in my home. It was the first of many, remember I have to keep up my exercises so I can get the Mixture from the source. Taag and Ripley watched. Taag laid next to me the whole time while Ripley was there but at a distance. I don't think Ripley knows who I am just yet but we are working on that. Daddy continued to clean up stuff so I can get my medicine and get ready for bed. Once Daddy was done he and Mommy switched. Grandma and Grandpa had to go home but I heard Grandma say that she'll be back tomorrow. I wonder who else will come and visit tomorrow. Mommy and Daddy did tell me that they will try to take it slow for a little bit so we can get adjusted to the new experience. I was like, "What! I am home and you are slacking off on all my friends visiting?" Then I figured that is cool because I have a long time to meet people and I have Grammy and Peepaw coming this weekend and Auntie Andrea coming on Wednesday. I am sure that others will come, just give them a call or what they say...text...and we'll get something set up.

As Daddy held me Mommy went to do some errands around the house. I could tell they both were tired. Do you blame them? I was tired too but all of these new experiences were really stimulating and I had a hard time to fall asleep. Eventually I did fall asleep and Mommy and Daddy got to rest a little bit. Mommy ended up taking the first feeding and changing shift with a little help from Daddy, then at the second shift it was Daddy's turn. I decided to keep him up a bit more. I fell asleep again in Daddy's arms then woke up in my bed, he is smooth. Mommy took over again and Daddy showed Mommy how to work the Mommy's Mixture Machine, then went back to sleep. Since then they have been changing around and getting home settled.

Well, life has now moved from my first 12 days in the Hospital to many years at home. Ahhh....the new adventure begins!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're home now, Carlee!! You're going to have so much fun there. Tell your mommy I will be texting her soon so that I can come hang out with you. I'll let you get good and settled in, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Glad you are home!! Can't wait to see pictures of you with your "big" sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Carlee! We are happy that you are finally home! -JoJo, Coty, and Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so glad you made it home!! Can't wait to meet you on Wednesday! Lots of love from your Auntie, Uncle and cousins!!

    ReplyDelete