Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Home

Life was a flurry. Mommy and Daddy came in to see me often. They told me that they were the only ones allowed to come in and see me but there were many others around waiting for my introduction. A lady in blue told daddy that there were people in their room to visit. I found out when I went to see them that the room had many people in it...but wait, I am getting a little ahead of myself. Where was I...okay...

Bronco went to talk to mommy and daddy and told them that I was supposed to be moved to a hospital for children. You are probably wondering how I knew this since I was in Nick-U. I am like my daddy...I know everything :) Actually, Daddy told me on one of his visits. A special ambulance was to take me to a place called See-I-See-You in the big city of Atlanta. Apparently Daddy knows this place, he said that it was the main location of his work. I was put in a box because of all the pipes, tubes and stickers on me and they said it was cold outside. Mommy said that it was a little cold. I did not think that thirty-three degrees was that bad...then again, I was in a nice heated miniature room with wheels. Before the nice people in gray took me to the ambulance I got to visit where mommy and daddy were staying. I was so excited to see all the people there. I say Grandma and Grandpa as well as Auntie Tracy and Uncle Andrew. There were two other visitors there, a little scruffy looking but daddy told me that they were Greg and Shaun. Apparently Greg and Shaun were there to help daddy as we changed hospitals and be there for daddy for encouragement and support. Daddy told me that mommy had many visitors too as we were heading down to Atlanta. Daddy said that with the addition of Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Tracy and Uncle Andrew, others came too. Mommy got the same support and love from Cassie, Courtney and Maria just like daddy from Greg and Shaun.

A little side note...I want to thank all of you who came to see mommy and daddy and helped with my situation. I want to be there for them but the doctors tell me soon. I also want to thank all of you who are thinking and praying for me to get better. I have found out that there are people from Florida to Washington and almost every in between state who are praying, asking, thinking and loving me, mommy and daddy. I thank you, as I know mommy and daddy do, very much and ask for as much as you can offer. This is the main reason why I started this blog. I want you to know how I, as well as mommy and daddy, are dong. THANK YOU and may God bless you all!!!

Daddy went with me to the See-I-See-You. He got to ride in the ambulance with me. On the way I heard him talking to Peepaw. He and Grammy decided to come and visit me a few weeks ahead of schedule. Daddy told Peepaw that he is not to drive when it was dark out. I am excited to see Grammy and Peepaw, they are coming all the way from Indianapolis just to see little me. I overheard daddy saying that I will get to see Grandma and Grandpa as well as Grammy and Peepaw in the See-I-See-You. I guess only mommy and daddy and the grandparents get to visit me as I am getting better in the See-I-See-You. Eventually I will get to see all of you soon. It was a nice ride in the Atlanta Children's Hospital Transport. I found out that there are a bunch of these ambulances that help all over the area for those kids with situations like me. I want to throw a great shout out to all of those companies that donated such transports for us kids!

When we got to the new hospital I was in a whirlwind of activity. I saw daddy talking to the attending doctor as a bunch of nurses got me settled in my new bed. Daddy had to leave once I was settled so the doctors can start figuring what is up with my heart...apparently it was Mr. Ebstein who put me in this situation by doing something to my heart. That's okay though, I know that God let this dude do this for a reason and I am more than willing to do His will. So, as the new doctors and nurses worked with me, daddy went to find the scruffy looking guys that wanted to hang with daddy when I was busy. Daddy told me when he was able to come back that he went to Chipotle with the scruffy guys. Apparently they have never eaten Chipotle before. Gosh...even I had that a few times when I was living in my underwater apartment. When daddy came back he talked to the nurse quite a bit and then we chatted a bit. It was nice to feel his hand on my head as well as his rough finger rubbing my arms. After a bit he told me that he had to go back to see how mommy was doing. She was still being observed at the other hospital. I heard him talk to the nurse again and then he had to leave. That was okay though. I know that it was a very hard decision for him to make so I told him I am in good hands here at the hospital as well as God's care. I knew mommy needed to be with daddy. Also, I knew that he would bring mommy back in a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of those praying in Illinois for Carlee. Grandma Judy is a dear friend. I'm petitioning God to grant wisdom to those involved in Carlee's care, and direction for making decisions concerning her heart. I'm asking that Carlee would soon be able to continue the story of her life, written by our Loving Father, from home! I'm going to post the link to her blog for our church prayerchain and on my facebook profile for those friends who have committed to pray for her there.

    Thank you for keeping us posted, Carlee! God bless you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete