Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Considering Going Home

Yes, today is an early blog day. It has been quite exhausting today with everything going on so I'm taking the opportunity to write to you early. Evenings are fun with Mommy and Daddy here. They do a good job with all the new stuff they have to know to bring me home. Mommy and Daddy have been reading and watching videos on SVT's, NG Tubes and Mr. Ebstein's Malformation for the past few days. Which is good. The more they know the sooner they can take me home.

I got visits today from Chaplin DA, the CHoA Chaplin, and Chaplin Pace from Oxford. It is really nice to see people visit me, Mommy and Daddy. Soon it will be in my own home! I hear that Grammy and Peepaw are coming back to visit me on Saturday. Auntie Andrea will also be coming in for a few days. I am really excited about that.

My only current issue is my desire to get up the will and ability to feed from my bottles. Sure Mommy and Daddy got some cool looking equipment to help with my tube feeding, but I don't want to rely on that forever. Especially since it will be Daddy or Mommy putting in my NG tube. Daddy pulled my old tube out and put my new tube in today. I really did not like the experience! Sure Daddy did well with it and put it in the right spot, but it is really uncomfortable to have a tube put into your nose and pushed all the way down to your tummy. Mommy did well with the initial measurement of the tube and holding me and they both loved me a lot when it was finished. Sigh...I do hope I can get over this bottle issue and not have to do the tube feedings very soon.

Well, honestly that is really about all. Some visits from friends, food, sleeps and eats. We are hoping that tomorrow is the day to head home, we will see. I'll be writing to you from home soon, you bet this will continue. The hospital adventure may be coming to an end (for this round) but the true adventure awaits!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps a pureed Krispy Kreme in your bottle would persuade you to eat better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I totally understand the energy it requires to eat from a bottle. I had that problem too. That tube thing makes it real easy. But, trust me, you'll eventually acquire the taste for your Mommy's Mix, and you can't taste well with the tube thing. I finally just gave up and started eating like normal. It seemed to really make my mommy and daddy happy. I guess it doesn't take much, right?! I mean, seriously, a little poo and the parents get all excited. :-) My mommy tells me that your mommy and daddy are very smart, so I know that they will do just fine with everything. I'm growing so big these days; I can't wait to play with you. Keep cheering mommy and daddy on, and I'm sure we'll meet soon enough!
    Love,
    Sarah Jacobs

    ReplyDelete