Monday, January 18, 2010

The First Family Outing

Well last night was our first family outing. Mommy and Daddy stayed with me all night. I know that we are still missing my sisters, Taag and Ripley, but we will be having fun and slobbering all over each other soon enough. We talked to another cardiologist today and got some more information on what the plan looks like. Hopefully we will be home in the next few days. No more SVT's so we do hope this continues. That is on the the main reason that I am sticking around the hospital. Mommy and Daddy have some work ahead of them too. They have to be trained in putting a tube that goes into my nose and leads down to my tummy. The plan is not to have this long but it will most likely be around for a bit. This is to help with my eating habits as well as giving me my medications. Mommy and Daddy are also to be trained on listening to my heart. I am really giving them some good reasons to learn.

Haha...speaking of learning. You remember when I told you about how Mommy was changing my diaper and I still gave a little poo to see if she'll freak? I got Daddy really good today. While he was changing me today, he said it was a huge load, I decided to toss him for a loop. I gave him a little extra squirt. No, but that's not all! He cleaned me up and as he was finishing up I gave a good squirt. It made it across the crib. I was like, "that's for Mommy." He did good at cleaning up. Mommy did help him a bit too. It truly was a three person job but Mommy and Daddy did very well. After that it was quite a basic day. Eat, sleep, poop. I did get a lot of love from Mommy and Daddy, they took a lot of time to hold me and love me. Grandma and Grandpa came by today to visit. They brought me some of my clothes so I can change, which I needed to after I had a really good spit up on Grandma. I also got a visit from Auntie Tracy and Uncle Andrew. Auntie Tracy got to hold me for a while. It was nice to have someone new hold me for a bit. PRCruz came back to visit and I got to see him this time. He brought his friend, another one of Daddy's students, Miss Ler. It is really neat to see and hear (many text messages and phone calls) all of the people who are involved in Mommy and Daddy's life. I am very excited to get to know them as I grow up.

Hey, today I took almost a whole bottle...once. Sure I get about 8 feedings a day, but once bottle almost down is a great achievement for me. Mommy and Daddy are really encouraging me to keep working for all my feedings to be done by bottles. I don't blame them, getting fed through my nose is kind of weird and if I don't need to be fed through my nose I don't have to have the nosetube in there. Please pray for me on this project.

I do appreciate all of your prayers and thoughts. I am getting stronger each day but still need prayer so I can get home soon.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment