Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Face To Look At


Yes, I AM that cute!

I had a few glamor shots yesterday with no tubes or tape. Does this mean I am no longer needing the nose string? Unfortunately, No :( But here is the story of yesterday's adventure...

Last you heard it was a slow day and I liked it. I just figured to toss some adventure at Mommy and Daddy since they looked awake. The afternoon was fun. I got some good Mommy time with Grammy and Peepaw going to the store and Daddy had to go run some errands. It was only an hour or so, but it was really fun. Mommy held me and fed me and gave me a lot of love. It was very special for me since this will be the first of many times with Mommy. When Grammy and Peepaw came home, Peepaw decided to make a lot of noise in the garage while Grammy held me in my favorite chilling way on the minicouch. Daddy came home a little after Peepaw started making crazy noises. It was good. Mommy came to change and feed me for my second lunch and that is when I decided to give her a run for her money. Mid-change I quickly raised my hand to the nose string and grabbed it. Then I pulled! Okay...not the smartest thing that I have done in my two and a half weeks of life. Mommy called in Daddy to help (he is the local nose string expert). Mommy was upset, well I was crying which seems to spread to Mommy and Daddy sometimes, but Daddy quickly hovered over me and started to work on the nose string. He said something about resistance and then pulled the string completely out. FREEDOM!!! But I learned it comes at a price. It was very uncomfortable and then Mommy and Daddy had to work on the white cloth stuck on my cheek. With some effort (and mineral oil) it eventually came off. Then Daddy picked me up to hold and love me. While he did this he was with Mommy too. Somehow he comforted me and Mommy at the same time. He must really love us both to be able to do that. When we both calmed down Daddy had Mommy go relax and then he fed me. It was a little longer than the usual feeding since I ended up forcing myself to eat a whole bottle since there was no nose string to get the rest of the food. Daddy encouraged me the whole time but I just could not do the whole thing, almost the whole thing but not all. Then I got some pictures taken to show all that I do have a full face of joy and love. Like the new profile picture. I felt that it was time to get rid of all the Darth Vader pictures and show my real face. After a little bit of time Mommy and Daddy brought me back to my room and tried to put in a new nose string. The first attempt Daddy felt some resistance again, do you blame him I was crying and moving I can't make it too easy for him. He pulled that attempt out, loved me and tried again. That time it was not bad. Went in easy and in a matter of moments it was over. Daddy tried the air test but did not gain any results. Just so you know, the air test is pushing in 1 ml of air in the string, in essence my tummy, and listening for a "poof" through an ear extender. Daddy did not hear anything so he had Mommy listen...she heard nothing either. This can mean that they have faulty equipment or Daddy did not get the string in my tummy but in my lungs. Mommy and Daddy agreed that since they did not hear anything that they would pull the string out, so Daddy did. Again...NOT FUN FOR ME, but essential for my safety. We were coming up on supper and no string was set. After some thought Daddy called Newton Hospital Nick-U to ask some questions. We ended up deciding to go to the Newton Hospital Eeyar. The people were very nice there. All of my statistics were very strong and we got into a room quite quickly. We were not an emergency case, which is good, but that caused us to wait a bit. That was okay though, I want to make sure that everyone else is okay before a doctor has to visit me. We did get to talk to a bunch of nurses and techs though. When the nurse came in to ask what we needed Mommy and Daddy told the story and even brought in all of their own equipment to replace my nose string. Then we saw the doctor, a handsome guy I must say, and he gave the go for the nurse to put my string back in. Actually when the nurse came in to do it she asked Daddy if he wanted to try again. Daddy was all for it and did an excellent job. He did not hear the air test with his ear extenders but the nurse did with hers. She even let Daddy try her ear extenders and then he heard the difference. I got the white cloth to hold my string in place and then the axray machine came in to triple check placement. All was good and we were able to go home. Daddy is going to go to the doctor store today and get a good ear extender today, he and I feel that he did good the second actual attempt but had a bad ear extender to confirm, but all in all the decisions today were good. Got home last night and I was tired. I ate some from my bottle but really got a majority from the nose string. A good night sleep and morning feedings today so far and now we are here at this moment.

Yet another adventure...three hospitals in two and a half weeks. It's all good, Daddy and Mommy say I am worth every visit.

My new adventure is to meet my Auntie A today. She will be here this afternoon and I am really excited to meet her. I'll tell you all about her tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carlee, you are such a little rascal! :) I can just hear you yelling "FREEDOM" like Mel Gibson in your head when you did this! Tee Hee!!! Glad all is well now.

    ReplyDelete