Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Food is Good!


Well, since Mommy and Daddy left last night the same routine. Change nurse, get my checkup (aka checking my stats) and get a bath. Nurse S does a good job with this. Daddy did call before he went to bed to check up on me. He is so overprotective. I had some good sleep too. Oh, just to keep those of you informed who were praying for my neighbors. All seemed to go well. They don't discuss other cases and it is hard to talk to my neighbors because it is such a large room, but all seemed to be well. Please keep all of my neighbors in your prayers too :)

It seems that routine is normal around here. New morning nurses and the doctors visit to check up on me. I had some more pictures of my heart taken and it showed that my PDA was still open (remember that is what the prostablahblah kept open for me to be stable when I was born) but it there was not much flow going through it. I believe that this means that I am doing well and that there will be no current immediate knifing of my cute little body.

I was catching a few zzz's when Mommy and Daddy got here. It was a very casual day but an exciting one. Not only did Mommy get to hold me for about an hour but she feed me my first bottle of her home made food. It was very tasty! I had almost a whole 15 cc's. Of course as any good meal is completed a nice nap followed. Mommy held me as Daddy was sitting in the other chair. At one point they must have slipped out for lunch because the next thing I knew I was back in my bed. No worries though, when they returned it was Daddy's turn to hold me. He was the lucky one today. Mommy was falling asleep so Daddy asked her to get some rest because it was almost time for making my food again. She did. During this time Daddy fed me my second yummy bottle of Mommy's Mixture and I dozed off again. Daddy held me and sang to me for about two hours. Not don't get excited...Daddy's form of singing is really humming, but none the less I liked it. When Mommy returned I was roused a little to find that I have picked loyalties...see picture...Go Cubs!

Mommy and Daddy had to go a little early today because I was getting a new neighbor and the evening nurses were coming in. All is good, I am excited to see them again tomorrow. We'll food, sleep and baths for tonight and I am sure that Daddy will call too. Have a great night and I'll be back tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all the news, Carlee. It makes me so happy to read about you. I love the stories about your silly Mommie and Daddy. You are going to laugh a lot in life with them as your parents. Would you give both of them a big hug from the Rev?! Thanks dear and you remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our lives precious Carlee!!! And I'm so glad your loyalties are showing early (go Cubs!) Please let your parents know that I'm praying for you and that you can grow despite that irritating valve that's not cooperating in your heart. You and your parents are very, very loved!!!

    Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlee, I hope to meet you soon! I worked with your mommy at Starbucks for a little while. And I was also pretty good friends with Taag... Tell your mommy that I miss her very much and when you get to go home to your big pretty house, I will come by and see you guys!

    P.S. I know your mother must be so proud that you have such good grammar... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to be following your stories. You are a very "Special Little One" Keep smiling up at mommy and daddy to let them know everything will be alright. You have so many family and friends praying for you, mommy and daddy and your "neighbors". I know you can't wait to see your new room that mommy and daddy have made up just for you. Say "Hi" to mommy and daddy next time they visit from Mr. Mike and Ms. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the updates, Carlee...Can't wait to see you again, which I hope will be tomorrow. Love and prayers to you and your mom and dad...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carlee, Aren't Mummy and Daddy's hugs and funny faces and songs the BEST? Did you know that they love you so much and watch your every move and enjoy your every sound? So glad that you are eating so well and that your reports are good. You sound like you have a great team there to take care of you. This makes me so happy! We love you too! Aunty Georgia, Uncle Gary & Cuz Giselle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Miss Carlee,
    I am very excited to get to introduce myself. I teach with your Mommy. Why am I not surprised that you write so well? My little girl Grace has been so worried about you. She said the sweetest prayer for you and your mommy. I'm so glad to know that you finally got to hold your mommy lots! I'm also glad to know that your mommy is making plenty of homemade food for you. I know all about making baby food because I do it for my baby girl, Sarah. Your mommy and I have had lots of fun conversations about that. We are so excited to see pictures and read about your many adventures. I do pray that you get to continue your adventure at home with your mommy and daddy very soon! Keep the stories coming beautiful...we love them!
    Sending Kisses and Prayers,
    Madeline ("Mrs.) Jacobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Carlee,
    My name is Mrs. G. just like your Mommy is at school! We miss her there but she needs to be with you right now. I'm glad your Mommy is a good cook, because I'm sure not. I love your hat! Go Cubs! I think it is so funny that a midwestern gal like you was born during an ice storm in the south. Please keep sending us these great stories and get well soon! We can't wait to meet you in person.
    Love and Prayers,
    Valerie Goerner

    ReplyDelete