Friday, January 22, 2010

My First Full 24 Hours

Yep, that is me in my life pod. It is the only way to travel (for now at least). So my first 24 hours at home was very nice. I am on somewhat of an eating and sleeping schedule and Mommy and Daddy are adapting to my schedule well. They should be use to adapting to my schedule, I have been in total control for the past four weeks. It's true...remember I was right side up and they had to schedule a See-Section which was to be on December 29th. At their Pre-Op meeting on the 28th, I flipped and was in the correct position. It was of my doing that added an extra 11 days in my warm underwater apartment. Hey the rent, food and heat were free. On that 12th day (January 8th) was when Dr. J and her awesome nursing staff evicted me. I was happy to, even though those weren't officially my terms. Then it was off to CHoA at Eglestion for a while. Now here at home...my schedule. I have it all under control :)

I am getting better at the bottle feeding. It is still a little difficult so we go to the Mommy's Mixture Machine to finish things off, but practice makes life go easier. Ripley will sniff my head every so often. I think she is getting use to me being around. Last night Mommy was holding me as she talked to Daddy and Ripley was at Mommy's feel. The next thing I felt was something poking me in the butt. Apparently Ripley was standing on her two feet to get a closer inspection of me. Taag is very protective of me. She will go and sit close to me wherever I am. She even posts up on the corner of Mommy and Daddy's bed at night always facing the door. Part of me think it's because of the very comfortable bed that Mommy and Daddy use, but Daddy said that her sleeping spot has changed. Taag is now on the corner, which Daddy does not mind since it is Mommy's side, that is close to the door and she always has her head facing the door. Quite interesting. Grandma and Grandpa came back to see me again. Grandma held me for a while and Grandpa likes to hover over my bed and rub my back, belly and arms. Grandma and Grandpa also helped Mommy and Daddy a lot when they were here by helping with the cleaning and giving Mommy and Daddy resting time as they adapt to my schedule.

Last night I got some visitors. My first visitors that were not family. It was really exciting. I S&C came by to see me. Apparently S was the scruffy man that was with Daddy my first day at CHoA, he is still scruffy, and C was with Mommy as Daddy and I went to CHoA on my birthday. They only stayed a little bit but it was really nice to see them in person. I got to thank them for all of the support and help that they have provided during my first adventure.

You will notice that there are no poop or spit up stories. Nothing to report except that the spit up was at an extreme minimum. Just one time did I urp a little up, just like any normal person my age would.

Today will be a new adventure. I get to go meet my pediatrician. I'll fill you in on the good details tomorrow. Have a great day and know that I am thinking of you.

1 comment: