Thursday, September 23, 2010

X-rays and Stairs

Hey All! Just wanted to let you know that we'll be going to see a new cardiologist soon. We are all excited to see what they will say. We do miss Dr.J but it is a bit of a drive to go see him. We had to go visit the hospital here in IL to get a new x-ray of my heart. Mommy was quite nervous but once we got there I think she cooled off a little bit. Daddy has been to this hospital already so he was quite normal. It was really cool. I got to talk to the nurse while Mommy and Daddy did all the paperwork. She was really nice. When it was time to go get my x-ray they came and got all of us and brought us to the x-ray room. They told Mommy and Daddy that they did not have to come with but they wanted to be there with me. I think Mommy came just to make sure that I was good and Daddy to watch the process and get a first hand look at the pictures. There were a lot of people in the room so I smiled at all of them. I like to do that because I always get a smile as a response usually followed by an "awwww" or "she is so cute" and that if fun! So they put me in something that was like my bouncy seat, raised my hands and enclosed me in a force shield of some sort. It was almost invisible but I was reaching for the sky (with some help from a nurse with a heavy shirt on, something called lead) and smiling all the way. It was really fun, I didn't cry or anything. Daddy had full faith in my x-ray abilities.

After that we came home and Mommy and Daddy were smiling and saying they were so proud of how I acted at the hospital. We got to play all over the house. I even decided to try the steps to go upstairs. I made it up one and felt that it was a good time to stop. I'll work on the other stairs later as I continue to get stronger and faster.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll be tossing some more info your way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment